Citadel SpandauAm Juliusturm 64, 13599 Berlin
- execution period:
- November 2012 - August 2016
- Bezirksamt Berlin-Spandau
- Staab Architects
- order volume:
- 1.450.000,- Euro
- museum, conference venue, exhibition area
- service specification:
- Conversion and renovation of the listed building Haus 6 on the citadel Spandau
- detailed service description:
House 6, which is a listed building, dates from the 1859-1861s. It consists of two upper floors and a converted attic floor from the time of reconstruction in 1950 with a floor area of approx. 1,770 square metres.
The provisions magazine and the old barracks have been lavishly restored and since 2016 have also been open to the public as exhibition rooms for the permanent exhibition "Revealed".
We were commissioned to carry out the demolition, bricklaying, concrete and carpentry work.
In addition to the demolition of the WC extensions and the old roof truss, extensive renovation work was carried out to strengthen the ceilings of the wooden beam ceilings, 200 square metres of brick suspended ceilings were laid as part of the bricklaying, concrete and carpentry work, the roof truss construction and roof covering were renewed according to historical models.
The topping-out ceremony took place on 19 February 2014 in the presence of the then Mayor of Berlin, Klaus Wowereit, the District Mayor of Spandau, Helmut Kleebank, the Cultural City Council Gerhard Hanke and the Museum Director of the Zitadelle, Andrea Theissen.
Klaus Wowereit symbolically struck the last nails on the occasion of the topping-out ceremony and after a speech by Mr. Wowereit, our employees took the floor for the topping-out speech.
Press release of the town hall
further construction measures with this client:
- Citadel Spandau
- Cafeteria of the Hans-Carossa-Gymnasium